- Nov 1, 2006
- She - Her
Tar Valon Times Staff :readingWe are looking for new (and/or old) writers and artists to join our team! Tar Valon Times Staff are responsible for the creation of original content to be published on the Tar Valon Times Blog. Whether you are a writer and/or artist, we have a place for you! TVT Staff work within the Department of Marketing and report directly to the Tar Valon Times Editor. This is a 12 month rotating staff position, and is eligible for the Reporter Merit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write/create at least one piece of content (written or art) for the TVT every month.
- Actively participate in the Tar Valon Times forum, whether that is contributing ideas or providing feedback.
- Meet all agreed upon writing/creating and publishing deadlines.
- No Rank Restrictions - Members of any rank are encouraged to apply.
- Previous writing/artistic experience is a plus, but NOT essential.
- Spoilers - It is not required for you to have finished the books.
Every effort will be made to ensure your experience with the series remains unspoiled.
- Time commitment will vary, please remember all staff members are expected to allow enough time to create their chosen content.
- The Tar Valon Times publishes content about The Wheel of Time Books & TV Series, TarValon.Net and its community, and Real Life/External content of interest to our members.
- For more information about what types of content you can contribute, check out the TVT Blog.
- If you would like to join the TVT Staff but you’re unsure what to write/create don’t worry! We have a long list of ideas available, and it's growing every day.
Please send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com with the subject line “APPLICATION – TVT STAFF – YOUR NAME”. Let us know why you would like to join the Tar Valon Times Staff, and any relevant skills/experience that you have. If you already know what you would like to write/create, tell us about that too! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact @Jahily al'Karee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important | If you are interested in writing/creating a one off piece or special series but don’t have the time to commit to being a full time TVT Staff Member. Please send an email to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
This hiring post will close February 21, 2022 but you are encouraged to apply year round.
The Assistant Editor position is on a 12 month rotation. This rotation will hopefully enable a greater number of people to serve and gain experience in this role. Time served as Assistant Editor counts towards the Staff Merit. All published items written during their term will count towards the Reporter Merit. This new Assistant Editor will be joining our current Editor and Assistant Editor to assist primarily with editing and WordPress.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with TVT staff to ensure that all article/publishing deadlines are met.
- Is a TVT staff member and contributes at least one publishable item per month.
- Proofread/edit TVT content prior to publishing and/or format TVT content in WordPress prior to publishing.
- Assist the Editor in archiving published TVT content to the Tower Library.
- Collaborate with the Editor on new content ideas on a regular basis.
- Steps in to act as Editor when the Editor is unavailable, under the direction of the Director of Marketing.
- Maintain communication with the TVT Editor as needed.
- Must be a member in good standing. There is NO rank requirement for this position.
- Working knowledge of wiki formatting OR be willing to learn.
- Working knowledge of WordPress OR be willing to learn.
- Must be able to contribute a minimum of one item (not necessarily a written piece) for publication per month.
- Be tactful and considerate when providing feedback and edits to fellow staff members.
Must be willing to spend 2-4 hours a week at this position. The ability to check on the TVT Staff Boards on a regular basis is a necessity for this position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an email with the subject “APPLICATION - ASSISTANT EDITOR - YOUR NAME” to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your interest in the position, any ideas you have for the Tar Valon Times and why you would be a good fit.
For those who are not currently members of the Tar Valon Times team please include two writing samples. Any two samples which show a proficient command of the English language may be submitted. Existing TVT team members do not need to provide samples unless they would like to.
Applications are due February 21, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the hiring process, job requirements/expectations please feel free to ask them here or contact @Jahily al'Karee directly via PM or email (email@example.com).